Deck adhesive / Water-based adhesive is suited to wood and ply adhesion on the main area of the deck.
This is often used because it is easy to apply, and you can then lay the EPDM straight onto it, while it is still wet.
It is also possible to correct mistakes shortly after the EPDM has been laid down, up to 2-3 times, if you find there is unwanted debris underneath. This is due to a slightly elongated drying time.
- This adhesive should be used on flat timber surfaces; it is not suitable for brickwork
- Apply an even coat to a timber deck using a 9″ emulsion roller
- Mate the two surfaces and follow with a broom over the membrane, ensuring proper bonding
- Avoid globules and puddles by allowing time to tack off, before matting
- For best results, apply Permaroof Deck Adhesive to smooth, dry timber surfaces
- Use only when temperatures will not fall below freezing at any time 24 hours after mating with EPDM